CO2 FIRE SUPPRESSION SYSTEM
The Carbon Dioxide Fire Suppression System is an engineered system that includes detectors, double knock extinguishing control panel, agent storage cylinders, piping and discharge nozzles.
Carbon dioxide gas has a high rate of expansion which allows it to work fast. When applied to a fire, CO2 provides a heavy blanket of gas that reduces the oxygen level to a point where combustion cannot occur. Since carbon dioxide is a gas, there is no clean-up associated with a system discharge — which means minimal business interruption.
– Fast and Effective – within seconds, CO2 penetrates the entire hazard area to smother the combustion.
– Electrically non-conductive – for a wide range of applications.
– Versatile – CO2 is effective on flammable and combustible materials and approved for Class A, B, and C hazards.
– Environmentally friendly – because carbon dioxide is naturally found in the atmosphere, there is no environmental impact.
Applications for CO2:
– Flammable liquid storage areas
– Quench tanks
– Mixing operations
– Spray booths
– Turbine driven generators
– Electrical areas
– Dust collectors
– Engine rooms